Advertise in The American Nurse
The American Nurses Association (ANA) has a reputation of excellence in nursing. The American Nurse (TAN) has a reputation of excellence in publishing. Reserve ad space or let TAN’s staff help you plan your media year today!
The American Nurse is the award-winning news magazine of the American Nurses Association (ANA). As the worlds largest full-service nursing organization, ANA is a powerful lobbying entity that actually makes and shapes the news that it reports.
ANA is a staunch supporter of nurses rights and health care regulation and is a membership entity working to uplift the profession nationally. Our experienced journalists provide compelling editorial, provocative articles and up-to-date news and information that nurses need and want to know.
Many nursing publications report news on the myriad issues affecting nurses. What makes The American Nurse stand out above the rest is that the American Nurses Association is a key advocate in the issues that impact the everyday lives of nurses and has an insiders view of policies, regulations, legislation and national trends that affect nurses and their patients:
The American Nurse covers these issues with compelling, cutting-edge and award-winning editorial.
|Nursing Ethics||Staffing Issues|
|Patient Safety||Workplace Safety|
|Workplace Advocacy||Nursing Competence|
|Political Affairs||Health Care Policy|
- Employment: 90% have a full-time job
- Education: 29% have a bachelors degree
40% have a masters degree 11% have a doctorate degree
- Salary: 77% have a household income of $60,000 or more
Our readers represent buying power and influence:
- 69% of our readers recommend OTC or prescription drugs at least twice a month to friends and relatives.
- 64% purchase, or influence the purchase of medical products.
- 55% readers recommend products to patients.
- Due to changes in several states laws, a growing number of advanced practice readers have prescriptive authority in most states.
The American Nurse’s audience is loyal – readers drive bonus circulation.
- 57% of readers keep or pass on TAN after reading it – many pass it on, raising circulation
- 93% of readers believe that TAN keeps them in touch with the nursing profession and is relevant to their issues
- 77% of readers typically spend over 15 minutes reading TAN; 43% spend 30 minutes or more
- 82% of readers cite TAN a valuable benefit of ANA membership.
The American Nurse’s readers cover a broad spectrum in the nursing arena. In these settings are found the quality, professional nurses that make up ANA’s membership.
|Federal Agencies||Long-term Care Facilities|
|Non-profit, Volunteer, etc.|
- Build a great image of your product – make it prestigious to the target market
- Enhance product sales – generate leads and make direct sales
- Position your product as the best in the market -showcase and show off your product to nurses
- Promote your new product and special product offerings – do a tie-in with an awareness month, insert a coupon or a business reply card, etc.
- Attract a new, untapped market – find those hard-to-reach customers